- Rim Fire Rifle
- Centre Fire Rifle (See “About Centre Fire Rifle use at WCRA” section below)
- Black Powder Pistol
- Any LEAD bullets. They may be semi or fully metal jacketed, or coated with a soft material.
- Single or combinations of soft materials like lead, copper, rubber, polymer, wax, etc.
Bullets Strictly PROHIBITED: Any steel-core bullets. Any Incendiary, exploding, tracer, and armor piercing bullets.
- cardboard, and
- steel reactive targets.
- When shooting steel, minimum distance must be 10 metres.
- All steel targets must be bunkered for regular day to day use and shrouded for competition use.
Approved shooting disciplines:
IPSC / IDPA / PPC / Cowboy Action / Steel Silhouette
APPROVAL CONDITIONS: No target placement on the range floor. All bullets must impact the backstop at midline or lower without striking the range floor. All targets are to be placed as close to the backstop as practical. No shooting at an angle greater than 45 degrees when measured from a line running between the shooters position and the backstop. No moving props permitted unless the Chief Firearms Office is notified in writing 15 days prior to the IPSC competition using moving props.
ABOUT CENTRE FIRE RIFLE USE AT WCRA:
Centre Fire Rifles, other that handgun calibre rifles, can ONLY be used in Range #3 upon the following RULES:
- ONLY use paper, plastic, or cardboard targets.
- These centre fire rifles can only be used for “Sighting In” purposes. When sighting in, the 25-yard section MUST be used first until reasonable accuracy has been achieved and/or confirmed; then, the 100-yard section should be used for final adjustments.
- ONLY use soft material bullets, like those composed of one or several of the following: lead, copper, polymer, rubber, wax, and soft material coatings.
- Use common sense to avoid damages to the infrastructure. DO NOT ABUSE THE RANGE.
- The following is STRICTLY PROHIBITED:
- The use of “steel-core” bullets. You can find out if you have steel-core bullets by using a magnet; if the bullet’s projectile stick to it, DON’T USE IT at the WCRA. We reserve the right to charge violators with up to $5,000 for repairs at the Board of Director’s own discretion.
- Shooting steel reactive targets, including the Club’s silhouette steel targets.