Club Level Holster & Outlaw Action Shooting Workshop – (for non-IPSC members)
Dates: 15-16 April 2023 Saturday & Sunday
Time: 9:00am – 3:30pm each day
This workshop will cover the basics of using a holster as well as how to engage various types of targets and shooting positions that may be employed for action events at the club. Dress for the weather. A light lunch will be provided. This is not an IPSC course.
Squad 1 Saturday Morning Instruction & Afternoon 3-Stage Event (maximum of 12)
Squad 2 Sunday Morning Instruction & Afternoon 3-Stage Event (maximum of 12)
Equipment Per Candidate
- Safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Center-Fire Pistol (9mm smallest round, nothing under a 9mm, i.e. No 357, no Single Action Cowboy pistols, nothing larger than a .45 ACP). The pistol must fit the holster properly.
- A proper holster that can be secured to belt on the strong side. The holster MUST cover the trigger. (No SERPA holster – auto lock release, cross draw, shoulder holster, leg holster or concealed holsters allowed).
- Three magazines and magazine holders if possible.
- ~250 rounds of ammunition (just in case).
Part 1: Morning: Classroom Instruction, Live Fire Practice, and Evaluation
Part 2: Afternoon: 3-Stage Action Event
Note: This course is part of a three-phase program that will prepare members to compete in club action events as well as future 2 & 3-Gun events. Stay tuned for the other two workshops.
Phase 1: Handgun
Phase 2: Shotgun
Phase 3: CF-Rifle